Tuesday, March 9, 2010

UP, UP AND AWAY

 

Jared and Brother Belmont are Home Teaching Companions and after Home Teaching last Saturday Brother Belmont asked Jared if he wanted to go for a plane ride in his plan. Of course Jared said yes and was so excited to tell me when he return from Home Teaching. So they set up a Tuesday since Jared gets out of school early that day. I followed them over to the airport thinking I would just wait there until they got back or drive to wherever they were flying to. Well Jared was in for a big surprise. When I asked what time they thought they would return Brother Belmont said that they would be flying all the way to Upland (which is an 1 1/2 drive away) and dropping the plane off to sell. Sis. Belmont would then follow them in the car and take them back. I was alittle nervous at first. Sis. Belmont said no need to worry that Bro. Belmont was an excellent Pilot. I had no doubt. Jared was so excited. Brother Belmont spent alot of time showing Jared all the ins and outs of flying the plan. So they took off from Bermuda Dune Airport and it took them about 1 hour and 1/2 in flying time also. Jared got to steer and turn the plan. He was so excited when they got back. He couldn't stop smiling. What a chance of a lifetime for him. We are so blessed to have such wonderful people like the Belmont's in our Ward.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I have been waiting for you to put these pictures up since you told me about it! It looks like he had so much fun. Shaylee cannot stop talking about Jared!

    ReplyDelete